There are many couples in India as well as in the world facing infertility problems. One of the infertility treatments, IVF, has been a boon to them in recent years. It is a process in which fertilization occurs in the test tube instead of the woman’s reproductive system. IVF treatment is an in vitro fertilization carried out in well-equipped embryological laboratories with highly trained staff.
In this procedure, firstly, Sperm is collected from Male donors or fathers and eggs from female donors or mothers at the same time. Then the egg is fertilized in a test tube, providing it a similar environment as in the woman’s reproductive system. After the fertilization process is completed, eggs are transferred to the incubators that replicate the environment present in the mother’s womb.
Before moving on to see the IVF Treatment cost in India, let’s see the factors that affect the cost of the treatment.
- Age is the most important factor, and the number of treatments associated with it is another important factor.
- The cost of the sperms or eggs that are required for IVF.
- The rate of Testicular sperm aspiration (TESA). It is carried out to collect or extract Sperm directly from the male’s testes by performing an autopsy. This is done in the males who have a disorder of azoospermia ( no sperms in ejaculation).
- The rate of intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). In this process, the single Sperm is injected directly inside the egg rather than allowing many sperms in culture dishes to struggle to naturally penetrate inside the egg. This has increased the success rates of IVF.
- The cost required in freezing of embryos.
The average cost in India is just a fraction of the cost in other countries. The cost of the treatment varies from city to city and hospital to hospital. Even though IVF treatment in India is quite low, skilled professionals are performing successful IVF procedures in different hospitals across the country. In India, there are also very advanced technologies used to carry out such procedures. So let’s have a look at IVF costs in India in different cities.
Overview of different costs of IVF
Costs of the IVF treatment in different cities of India, excluding the price of medicines and blood tests, are given below:
1) Mumbai- When we talk about the IVF costs in different cities of India, Mumbai has to come first. There are quite advanced technologies in Mumbai, and IVF in Mumbai varies from 2,00,000- 3,00,000.
2) Bangalore – 1,60,000- 1,75,000.
3) Chennai – 1,45,000 – 1,60,000.
4) Delhi – 90,000 – 1,25,000.
5) Nagpur – 75,000 to 90,000.
6) Hyderabad – 70,000 – 90,000.
7) Pune – 65,000 – 85,000.
8) Kolkata – 65,000 – 80,000.
The Intro Vitro Fertilization in some of the renowned cities of India is given above. The prices in some cities are lower, while for some, they are more dependent on the technologies they use. So, you can choose the one suitable for you.